Last weekend I decided to try a new recipe. I had some leftover apples and wanted to make a dessert that might go good with coffee or tea on the side. So I searched online and found a recipe that sounded good, and I was right! These muffins are exactly what I wanted and turned out so delicious.
|Apple Cinnamon Muffin|
The cake is really moist and light with chunks of apples, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla. I will definitely be making this recipe again. :o) If you want to try it out yourself, I will write the recipe below. The recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 2 cups flour (+ 2 tsp. for coating apples)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon (+ 1/2 tsp. for coating apples)
- 2 cups diced apples (about 2 - 2.5 apples)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F/190 C. Place cupcake wrappers in muffin tin or spray tin with baking spray
- Sift or whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside. Note: If using vanilla sugar also add it to the flour mixture.
- Dice apples, and in a separate bowl toss apples together with 2 tsp. of flour, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together softened butter and sugar until lightened in color, about 3 minutes. Add an egg, one at a time, taking care to fully incorporate before adding the other. Mix in vanilla (if using vanilla extract). Tip: If butter is not softened you can grate it and then mix with sugar.
- Gently fold in flour mixture, alternating with milk just until combined. Then, fold in diced apples.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin tin, filling about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare topping for muffins while the muffins are baking by melting the butter and allowing it to cool slightly. Then, mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Once muffins have baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the muffin tin. Then remove each muffin, brush each muffin top with butter, and then dip the top in the cinnamon/sugar mixture, one by one.
- Place onto a plate to finish cooling.
|Apple Cinnamon Muffins (without topping) fresh out of the oven|
|Apple Cinnamon Muffins with cinnamon/sugar topping|