Today my boyfriend decided to make a Danish Apple Cake, and I didn’t complain! :o)
|Homemade Danish Apple Cake|
He said the cake was very easy to make, and he got the recipe from this website. Let me tell you, this cake is sooooo yummy! It has a crunchy topping and a really good flavor. The cake is very moist as well, and has a perfect ratio of apples to cake, with a nice mix of cinnamon and sugar. If you want to make this cake, the recipe is below, translated from Danish to English, and partially typed by the baker himself!
Danish Apple Cake
- 200 g butter
- 250 g sugar (I used 100 g cane sugar and 150 g normal sugar)
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 apples
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- First, soften the butter and whisk in the sugar with an electric hand mixer, continue to whisk while adding in the eggs one by one.
- Then, in a separate bowl mix the flour and baking powder together.
- Next, mix the flour mixture into the batter little by little.
- Then, pour the cake batter into a spring form pan that's lined with parchment paper.
- Finally, peel and de-core the apples, then cut them into chunky slices. Mix sugar and cinnamon together, and toss the apple slices in the mixture. Gently push the slices a bit into the top of the cake batter.
- Bake at 190-200c for an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes (insert a toothpick into the cake to check when it is done, if the toothpick is clean then the cake is finished). 🙂
That is it. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Here are some more pictures! Let me know if you tried this recipe.
|Ingredients ready to be mixed in|
|Apple Cake ready for the oven|
|Apple Cake fresh out of the oven|
|Apple cake with fresh whipped cream|