If you like chocolate with orange, then you will love this cake. This orange and chocolate chip cake is a really moist cake baked with chocolate chips, with an orange syrup poured on top. The orange syrup adds a crunchy texture and caramelization to the cake.
|Chocolate Chip Cake with an Orange Syrup on top|
- 200 g butter
- 250 g sugar (I used 100 g cane sugar and 150 g normal sugar)
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 100-150 grams chocolate chips
- 2 oranges
- 2 dl sugar
- (Cake Directions) - First, soften the butter and whisk in the sugar with an electric hand mixer, continue to whisk while adding in the eggs one by one.
- Then, in a separate bowl mix the flour and baking powder together.
- Next, mix the flour mixture into the batter little by little.
- After that, stir in 100-150 grams of chocolate chips.
- Then, pour the cake batter into a spring form pan that's lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 190-200c for about an hour.
- (Orange Syrup Direction) - First, wash the oranges. Then, grate the peel (only the orange part).
- Next, juice the oranges. Then, sift the juice, and discard the pulp.
- Put the sugar, orange juice and peel in a pot and bring it to a slow boil (be careful and watch over it!).
- Then, when it's reduced to between 3/4 and 1/2 of the original content, and the syrup has become thicker, remove from heat.
- Final Step! When the cake comes out of the oven, drizzle the syrup over it so it soaks into the cake. That is it. Hope you enjoy it. :o)