- 150 grams Pasta flour (plus more for dusting)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- First, pour pasta flour in a bowl mixed with salt.
- Then, make a well in the center of the flour, and crack the eggs into the well. Next, gently scoop some of the flour into the egg (repeatedly) until a dough starts to form.
- Then, place the dough onto a clean surface dusted with pasta flour, and knead it just until it comes together.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before using.
- When ready, divide the dough in half, and dust it lightly with pasta flour.
- Take half of the dough and run it through the pasta maker starting at 0 until desired thickness. I stop at setting 5. You can always just hand roll out the dough if you don't have a pasta maker.
- Repeat this process with the other half of the dough.
- Next, either take a dull knife and hand cut strips or switch to the fettuccine setting on your pasta maker to make the pasta into fettuccine. I split each layer of dough into two so the fettuccine wasn't too long.
- Then, lightly dust the fettuccine in pasta flour so that it doesn't stick together.
- Boil pasta in salted water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pasta before serving. :o)
Don't cook pasta until dinner is almost ready.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
One thought on “Homemade Pasta”